iPhone App - Skate Routes
Skate Routes (App Store), is my first iPhone application coded in January 2012. It is designed for inline skaters in London to view the status (Pending/Go/Rained Off), and route maps for Friday/Sunday marshalled street skates organised by the LFNS (London Friday Night Skate), it also supports GPS/Compass based navigation.
- View skate status - Pending/Go/Rained Off
- View map of the route - blue line upto half time, red line after half time
- View start/halftime location, and skate meta data.
- GPS / Compass support for route navigation (as with standard iPhone maps application)
- Clicking the "Triangle Icon" (bottom left corner of the map) will cause the map to show a small blue dot (current location) and recenter the map on that location so you can see where you are on the map/route. The map will stay orientated with North facing up on the display. Every few seconds the GPS will be checked again, and the map recenter (as with the standard maps application).
- Clicking the "Triangle Icon" again (as you can do in the standard maps application on newer iPhone's with compass support) will activate the compass and cause the map to rotate depending on the direction you are currently facing allowing you to see where you are and which way you need to go relative to the map/route.
- Clicking it a 3rd time will turn off location support and allow you to manually zoom/pan the map.
Please contact me with any issues / bugs, however be aware that as with marshals organising the skates themselves, this is an application created and supported in my spare time.